Pages

Of Computers, troubles and my Experiments with programming as a beginner.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Programming with C-Books

There are some great books available on how to get started on C Programming. For someone like me, who did not know programming till I was into college, getting started with a good book is of great importance. Here are some of the books that are in my opinion good, for a beginner:
  • Programming in ANSI C by E Balagurusamy (Well, this book is written by an Indian author and not many people might have heard of it. But then I started out with this book and have found it to be awesome.)
  • Let Us C by Yashvant Kanetkar (Again an Indian author. Supposed to be a good book. I have never used this book all that much, but it has some stuff that are considered really good.)
  • Programming with C by Byron Gottfried (An excellent book for C, but then, if you don't know your C, don't get started with this book. Once you have achieved basic proficiency, it's a good idea to start out with this book.)
  • C for Dummies by Dan Gookin (A very well written book that is also funny. :) )
  • C Programming by Kerninghan and Ritchie (A book, I have never used but have heard is excellent.)

Pick the book of your choice. In the end, it doesn't really matter which book you chose, as long as you know your programming fundamentals.If you learnt C from another book and think it was nice and easy to learn with, then do let me know.

No comments: